Philip Dwyer is the Director of the Centre for the History of Violence at the University of Newcastle. The first volume of his Napoleon biography won the 2008 National Biography Award and was shortlisted for the inaugural Prime Minister’s Literary Prize for Non-Fiction.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Salt Story
- Maria Takolander reviews 'Iphigenia Among the Taurians' by Euripides translated by Anne Carson
- The future of dictionaries in the digital age
- Rendezvous with Destiny
- Arts Highlights of the Year
- Rita Dove (ed.): The Penguin Anthology of 20th Century American Poetry
- Andrew Ford: The Sound of Pictures
- Barry J. Blake: Secret Language
- 2011 Calibre Prize (winner): 'The Death of the Writer'
- Jean-Paul Sartre: Typhus; and Jean-Paul Sartre: Critical Essays