August 2015, issue no. 373
Carol Cains is Curator of Asian Art at the National Gallery of Victoria. Her most recent exhibition was Chinoiserie: Asia in Europe 1620–1840, which she co-curated with Dr Matthew Martin.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Gideon Haigh: Out of the Running
- Fairytales for Wilde Girls
- Conjuring Mary
- Jolley Prize 2014: 'Doisneau's Kiss'
- Peter Hill reviews 'Australian Artists in the Contemporary Museum' by Jennifer Barrett and Jacqueline Millner
- Louis Armand's new novel
- Brenda Walker reviews 'Shirley Hazzard' edited by Brigitta Olubas
- Wild Ride
- Michael Farrell: open sesame
- Reuben Finighan reviews 'Climate Shock' by Gernot Wagner and Martin L. Weitzman