Dr Luke Morgan is a Senior Lecturer in Art Theory in the Faculty of Art & Design at Monash University. The University of Pennsylvania Press published his book Nature as Model on the French architect and polymath Salomon de Caus in 2007. He has written essays, articles and reviews for journals, books and exhibition catalogues on a wide range of other topics, from Italian Baroque painting to modern and contemporary art and design. Luke is on the editorial board of the international quarterly Studies in the History of Gardens and Designed Landscapes and has been an editorial advisor to the Australian Book Review.
Arts Update - new reviews
From the Archives
- Valuing the Humanities
- Anyone for cupcakes?
- Diving with sharks
- The Grandfather
- Graeme Aitken: The Indignities
- Alexandra Walsham: The Reformation of the Landscape
- Maria Takolander reviews 'Iphigenia Among the Taurians' by Euripides translated by Anne Carson
- The letters of Kazan
- Letters to the Editor
- Mark Byron reviews 'The Most Dangerous Book' by Kevin Birmingham
- 2013 Calibre Prize (Winner): ‘“Because it’s your country”: Bringing Back the Bones to West Arnhem Land'
- Jolley Prize 2013 (Winner): 'Leaving Elvis' by Michelle Michau-Crawford
- James Der Derian on Edward Snowden and cyber-zombies
- Jolley Prize 2010 (Winner): 'A Roānkin philosophy of poetry' by Maria Takolander
- Anthony Lynch reviews 'Goad Omen' by Corey Wakeling
- Sonya Hartnett revisits 'A Difficult Young Man' by Martin Boyd
- RS White reviews 'Shakespeare, Sex, and Love' by Stanley Wells, 'Shakespeare’s Freedom' by Stephen Greenblatt, and 'Shakespeare’s Individualism' by Peter Holbrook
- Peter Rose on the peculiar charms of E.M. Forster
- Robert Reynolds reviews 'The End of the Homosexual?' by Dennis Altman
- Seamus Heaney: Human Chain; and Dennis O'Driscoll: Stepping Stones