Letters and comments policy
Australian Book Review welcomes discussion and debate through its Letters and Comments facility. We encourage readers to comment on reviews and articles published in ABR. When doing so please bear the following in mind:
- Comments are pre-moderated by staff before publication
- We encourage commenters to state their full name, in the interest of openness
- Please keep comments reasonably brief and pertinent to the topic
- We do not publish comments that incite hatred or violence
- We do not publish comments that are legally dubious, i.e. those that contain defamatory material or that infringe copyright laws
- Gratuitous abuse of authors, critics or commentators is not acceptable
- Do not use our comments section for spam or commercial purposes
- Comments may be published in the print edition, subject to editing
- The letters and comments received and published by ABR are the opinions of the named contributor and ABR does not represent that it shares, or endorses, the opinions expressed.
Refund policy – australianbookreview.com.au merchandise
Please choose carefully as we do not give refunds simply because you changed your mind or made a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are found on receival to be faulty, wrongly described, or different from a sample shown. Please retain your receipt for proof of purchase.
Refunds and warranties – other products
australianbookreview.com.au may from time to time offer products for sale from other publishers, manufacturers and distributors and may update this Terms & Conditions page accordingly. You should check this page periodically for changes to Terms & Conditions.
Freight costs and times
All freight and delivery costs within Australia, including packaging and handling, are either included in the price of each item listed for sale in the australianbookreview.com.au online store or are listed separately with each item. Goods will be delivered to the address nominated by the purchaser within the estimated timeframes as follows (all 'days' are working days):
- Victoria – 3 to 5 days.
- Australian States other than Victoria – 3 to 10 days.
All goods will be sent via standard freight or postal services unless prior arrangements have been made with australianbookreview.com.au and any additional costs for other delivery methods agreed.
All international freight and delivery costs, including packaging and handling, are either included in the price of each item listed for sale in the australianbookreview.com.au online store or are listed separately with each item. Goods will be delivered to the regions nominated by the purchaser within the estimated timeframes as follows (all 'days' are working days):
- Asia and New Zealand – 7 to 10 days.
- Rest of the World – 7 to 10 days.
All prices listed in the australianbookreview.com.au online store are in Australian Dollars ($AUD) and include GST.
See also our Privacy and Security Statement here for more details on our secure online credit card processing provided via SSL, the eWAY® payment gateway service and Stripe payment system according to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) compliant protocols.
Refund and warranty information
For further details or assistance regarding refunds or warranties, contact:
Australian Book Review
Studio 2, 207 City Road
Southbank, Victoria 3006
Telephone: (03) 9699 8822
Fax: (03) 9699 8803
Primary contact: Amy Baillieu