November 2015, issue no. 376
Arts Update - new reviews
From the Archives
- Naama Amram reviews 'Useful' by Debra Oswald
- Michelle de Kretser: Questions of Travel
- Open Page with Tony Birch
- Modern menagerie
- What Are Universities For?
- Philip W. Jackson: What Is Education?
- Lyn Williams, Geoffrey Blainey, Stephen Edgar, Judith Armstrong, Susan Magarey, John Carmody
- 'The ouch in the kicker'
- The Turnrow Anthology of Contemporary Australian Poetry
- 2013 Calibre Prize (Winner): ‘“Because it’s your country”: Bringing Back the Bones to West Arnhem Land'
- Jolley Prize 2013 (Winner): 'Leaving Elvis' by Michelle Michau-Crawford
- James Der Derian on Edward Snowden and cyber-zombies
- Jolley Prize 2010 (Winner): 'A Roānkin philosophy of poetry' by Maria Takolander
- Anthony Lynch reviews 'Goad Omen' by Corey Wakeling
- Sonya Hartnett revisits 'A Difficult Young Man' by Martin Boyd
- RS White reviews 'Shakespeare, Sex, and Love' by Stanley Wells, 'Shakespeare’s Freedom' by Stephen Greenblatt, and 'Shakespeare’s Individualism' by Peter Holbrook
- Peter Rose on the peculiar charms of E.M. Forster
- Robert Reynolds reviews 'The End of the Homosexual?' by Dennis Altman
- Seamus Heaney: Human Chain; and Dennis O'Driscoll: Stepping Stones