December 2018, no. 407
• Books of the Year: 34 critics and authors, including Michelle de Kretser, Fiona Wright, Beejay Silcox, Gregory Day, and Gideon Haigh, nominate their favourite books of 2018.
• Review of the Month: Glyn Davis on David Marr’s new collection of speeches, essays, and stories, My Country.
• Peter Goldsworthy lauds the Collected Poems of Les Murray.
• Professor Joy Damousi on the controversial vetoing of eleven ARC grants, and brief statements from a further thirteen academics.
• Andrea Goldsmith’s tribute to her late partner and poet Dorothy Porter.
November 2018, no. 406
• Review of the Month: Paul Strangio on Laura Tingle’s new Quarterly Essay Follow the Leader on Australian politics
• Beejay Silcox’s new Fellowship essay on the evolution of misery literature and trauma voyeurism in fiction
• Arts Highlights of the Year: twenty-nine critics nominate their most memorable events across the arts
• Astrid Edwards reviews Clementine Ford’s new book Boys Will Be Boys
• Jane Cadzow reviews the new memoir from Gillian Triggs
• Varun Ghosh on Bob Woodward’s book on Donald Trump
• Maggie MacKellar on Clare Wright’s new history of women’s progress in Australia