This prize consists of:
- A ten (10) day, nine (9) night private luxury Abercrombie & Kent journey in India (including our 7-Day ‘Essential India’ itinerary plus your choice of a 3-day extension to either Ranthambore, Udaipur or Varanasi) for two people valued at up to $8,250 and excluding international airfares.
- Accommodation as per the itinerary: Two nights at The Imperial New Delhi (Delhi), one night at The Oberoi Amarvilas (Agra), three nights at Rambagh Palace (Jaipur) and two nights at Taj Lake Palace (Udaipur), plus two nights in either Ranthambore, Udaipur or Varanasi.
- Transfers as per the itinerary
- Breakfast daily, and lunch and/or dinner on select days specified in itinerary
- A&K airport welcome, and assistance with luggage
The prize component/s provided by Abercrombie & Kent Australia, described above:
- are valid for travel, accommodation, meals and tours provided by Abercrombie & Kent Australia only. Travel date and accommodation date restrictions may apply. All bookings must be coordinated and booked through Abercrombie & Kent Australia.
- cannot be taken in conjunction with any other Abercrombie & Kent offer.
- are valid for travel before 1 December 2021.
- the tour as described is available on a positive space basis. Abercrombie & Kent Australia will do everything possible to accommodate proposed dates, times and travel dates, but due to space limitations alternatives are sometimes required.
- Entry is open to all current individual Australian Book Review subscribers (print or online) who are 18 years and over.
- Entry is not open to Australian Book Review or Abercrombie & Kent Australia employees or their immediate families. ABR Board members and their families are not eligible.
- Only one entry per person is allowed. Entrants can only enter in their own name.
- Entries will close on February 20, 2020
- Entrants agree that their contact details will be added to Australian Book Review and Abercrombie & Kent marketing databases for future communication. Entrants can subsequently opt-out from these marketing lists.
- The winning entry by an eligible entrant will be selected by Australian Book Review on the basis of the creativity and originality of the entry.
- Winner will be notified by phone or email on March 16 2020 and will be announced publicly online at www.australianbookreview.com.au from March 31 2020 and in the Australian Book Review April 2020 issue.
- Eligibility of the winner to take up the prize will be established when the winner is contacted.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 48 hours of notification, Australian Book Review and Abercrombie & Kent reserves the right to select another winner.
- A formal letter confirming the prize will be sent to the winner in due course. The winner needs to present the original letter to redeem Abercrombie & Kent Australia prize components. All bookings must be coordinated and booked through Abercrombie & Kent Australia.
- The prize must be booked within six months from 31 March 2020 for travel before 31 December 2021. Certain elements of the prize may be unavailable on certain dates depending on accommodation blackout periods or other seasonal factors.
- No responsibility is taken for seasonal variation in the value of the prize according to seasonal fluctuations and ticket types available.
- A valid passport is required for all international journeys.
- Prize does not include international flights. Winner and accompanying guest must make their own way to Delhi, India for the start of the prize journey. Abercrombie & Kent can help arrange international flights at the winner’s expense
- Prize does not include travel insurance. Adequate travel insurance for the duration of the trip is required and must be organised by the winner at his/her expense.
- Spending money, personal expenses, meals outside those stipulated in the prize, tips, excess baggage, taxes and airport charges, passports, visas and transport to and from airport of departure and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize (or any part thereof) cannot be sold, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
- Normal Abercrombie & Kent Terms and Conditions of Bookings apply to the prize. Any item not specified is not included in the prize
- Tour Includes: All arrangements as specified in the prize itinerary
- Tour Excludes: International airfares, any arrangements not specified in the prize itinerary – guests may be subject to visa fees; airport taxes (unless specified); insurance; tips to representatives, guides and drivers
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize cannot be amended or changed in anyway and is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification
- The itinerary cannot be altered or amended
- Australian Book Review and Abercrombie & Kent’s decisions with respect to all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The total prize value is $8,250.