Stephen Atkinson is a freelance writer, researcher, editor, and occasional musician. He has a PhD in Indonesian media and politics and is a regular columnist and reviewer for English language publications in Indonesia. He currently lives with his family in Adelaide where he is also a sessional academic in the fields of Australian studies, literature, and film.
March 2019, no. 409
• The 2019 Peter Porter Poetry Prize shortlist
• Behrouz Boochani's new poem 'Flight from Manus'
• Dominic Kelly on MUP and the resilience of non-fiction publishing
• Ian Tyrrell on Progressive New World by Marilyn Lake
• Susan Sheridan on a memoir of Wake in Fright author Kenneth Cook
Jan-Feb 2019, no. 408
• Sarah Holland-Batt on the second volume of Sylvia Plath’s letters
• Publisher picks: leading editors reveal their favourite books
• Jane Cadzow on Alan Rusbridger’s new memoir Breaking News
• Alex Tighe on Sebastian Smee’s new Quarterly Essay Net Loss
• Danielle Clode on Shaun Tan's new book Tales from the Inner City