Clare Kennedy is a Melbourne-based writer and reviewer, an Arts/Law graduate from Monash University, and a former student of Holmesglen Professional Writing and Editing. She has a special interest in literary fiction and enjoys writing about arts and fashion. A regular reviewer for Viewpoint on Books for Young Adults and the Weekend Herald Sun, her writing has also appeared in Bookseller + Publisher, Goodreading, the Big Issue, and the Weekly Review. She loves playing tennis and riding her bike. The mother of three children, she lives in Beaumaris.
Arts Update - new reviews
From the Archives
- 2013 Calibre Prize (Winner): ‘“Because it’s your country”: Bringing Back the Bones to West Arnhem Land'
- Jolley Prize 2013 (Winner): 'Leaving Elvis' by Michelle Michau-Crawford
- James Der Derian on Edward Snowden and cyber-zombies
- Jolley Prize 2010 (Winner): 'A Roānkin philosophy of poetry' by Maria Takolander
- Anthony Lynch reviews 'Goad Omen' by Corey Wakeling
- Sonya Hartnett revisits 'A Difficult Young Man' by Martin Boyd
- RS White reviews 'Shakespeare, Sex, and Love' by Stanley Wells, 'Shakespeare’s Freedom' by Stephen Greenblatt, and 'Shakespeare’s Individualism' by Peter Holbrook
- Peter Rose on the peculiar charms of E.M. Forster
- Robert Reynolds reviews 'The End of the Homosexual?' by Dennis Altman
- Seamus Heaney: Human Chain; and Dennis O'Driscoll: Stepping Stones