August 2015, issue no. 373
Doug Hall was director of the Queensland Art Gallery/GOMA 1987–2007, and Australian Commissioner Venice Biennale 2009 and 2011. He lives in Melbourne and is a regular art critic for the Australian Financial Review.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Judith Armstrong reviews 'Ransacking Paris' by Patti Miller
- Joel Deane reviews 'Becoming Steve Jobs' by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli
- 'The mocking of the modern mind: culture and cartooning in the age of Je suis Charlie Hebdo'
- Ann-Marie Priest reviews 'Vanessa and Her Sister' by Priya Parmar and 'Adeline' by Norah Vincent
- Mette Jakobsen: The Vanishing Act
- Comatos and Lacon
- Keepers of the artistic flame
- The 900s Have Moved
- Miles Franklin loosens up
ABR on Twitter
RT @FelicPlunkett: Fab poets @the_shb, Lionel Fogarty, Nathan Shepherdson & @StuartABarnes via @BrisWritersFest @AustBookReview & w me: htt…2 weeks ago @AustralianBookReview
Congratulations to #JoanLondon and @EllenvanNeerven on their 2015 Kibble and Dobbie wins! #KibbleAwards3 weeks ago @AustralianBookReview