Greg Lockhart had an academic career after serving in the Pacific Islands Regiment in Papua, New Guinea, and the Australian Army Training Team in Vietnam. He is author of Nation in Arms: The Origins of the People’s Army of Vietnam (1989) and The Minefield: An Australian Tragedy in Vietnam (2007).
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Gregory Kratzmann (ed.): Imagination, Books and Community in Medieval Europe
- Penguins on horseback
- The cinematic effects of Richard Flanagan
- Haruki Murakami’s new novel
- The poetry of Randolph Stow
- Three sisters
- The coup that doomed two Labor prime ministers
- Siri Hustvedt's 'The Blazing World'
- Open Page with Tony Birch
- Bill Gammage: The Biggest Estate on Earth