Peter Conrad is a writer, academic, and regular contributer to the Observer. His many books include Modern Time, Modern Places (1998), At Home in Australia (2003), Creation: Artists, God, and Origins (2007), and most recently, Verdi and/or Wagner: Two Men, Two Worlds, Two Centuries (2011).
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Swimming in a Sea of Death
- Artists’ moments of truth
- Tiger in the Night
- 'Inspiration was the thing'
- Fiona Duthie reviews 'The Torch' by Peter Twohig
- John Arnold (ed.): La Trobe Journal, No. 87
- Jonathan E. Brockopp (ed.): The Cambridge Companion to Muhammad
- Linda Jaivin's The Empress Lover
- Christopher Menz reviews 'Mid-Century Modern Complete' by Dominic Bradbury