September 2015, issue no. 374
Lucas Smith is a writer living in Melbourne. In 2010 he co-edited Farrago. His work has appeared in New Matilda, Eureka Street, The Lifted Brow, and the John Marsden Prize for Young Australian Writers.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Open Page with Steven Carroll
- The choir of the just
- 'Inspiration was the thing'
- Siddhartha Mukherjee: The Emperor of all Maladies; Paul Cox: Tales From the Cancer Ward; Geoff Goodfellow, Grace Goodfellow, and Randy Larcombe: Waltzing with Jack Dancer; and Dudley Bradshaw: Cancer Four Times Removed
- A resilient and brilliantly observant poet
- Luke Johnson reviews 'Westerly 59:2' edited by Delys Bird and Tony Hughes-d'Aeth
- Christopher Menz reviews 'Mid-Century Modern Complete' by Dominic Bradbury
- You are what you read
- The Invention of News
- Jonathan Croall: John Gielgud