Bruce Mutard has spent over twenty years making comics and has produced four graphic novels: The Sacrifice (Allen & Unwin, 2008), The Silence (Allen & Unwin, 2009), A Mind of Love (Black House Comics, 2011), and The Bunker (Image Comics, 2003). He also has had short stories published in various journals, including Australian Book Review, and has illustrated several books for Macmillan Education’s Stories from Australia’s History series. He is currently working on the follow-up to The Sacrifice.
Arts Update - new reviews
From the Archives
- 2013 Calibre Prize (Winner): ‘“Because it’s your country”: Bringing Back the Bones to West Arnhem Land'
- Jolley Prize 2013 (Winner): 'Leaving Elvis' by Michelle Michau-Crawford
- James Der Derian on Edward Snowden and cyber-zombies
- Jolley Prize 2010 (Winner): 'A Roānkin philosophy of poetry' by Maria Takolander
- Anthony Lynch reviews 'Goad Omen' by Corey Wakeling
- Sonya Hartnett revisits 'A Difficult Young Man' by Martin Boyd
- RS White reviews 'Shakespeare, Sex, and Love' by Stanley Wells, 'Shakespeare’s Freedom' by Stephen Greenblatt, and 'Shakespeare’s Individualism' by Peter Holbrook
- Peter Rose on the peculiar charms of E.M. Forster
- Robert Reynolds reviews 'The End of the Homosexual?' by Dennis Altman
- Seamus Heaney: Human Chain; and Dennis O'Driscoll: Stepping Stones