Gaylene Carbis writes plays, poetry, and prose. She is an honours graduate from the University of Melbourne, where she now teaches Creative Writing. Her plays and poetry have been performed at Theatreworks, Chapel off Chapel, La Mama, Oxford, Cornwall, Athens, and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. She is currently writing a one-woman show about depression, co-writing a musical, and working on her first poetry collection.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Frank Jackson reviews 'The Poor Relation' by Stuart Macintyre
- Tony Birch's 'The Promise'
- Books of the Year 2014
- Emily Poems
- Lyndon Megarrity reviews 'Through the Wall' by Anna Bligh
- Cutting the mustard
- Peter Goldsworthy reviews 'Sentenced to Life' by Clive James
- Death's Soundtrack
- Anne Gray: Sydney Long
- Alexandra Walsham: The Reformation of the Landscape