Jane Clark was Curator of Major Special Exhibitions and of Australian Art at the National Gallery of Victoria; then Deputy Chairman of Sotheby’s in Australia; and is now Senior Research Curator at MONA, the Museum of Old and New Art, Hobart, Australia’s largest private museum.
Not As the Songs of Other Lands: 19th Century Australian and American Landscape Painting (Ian Potter Museum of Art)
Jan-Feb 2019, no. 408
• Sarah Holland-Batt on the second volume of Sylvia Plath’s letters
• Publisher picks: leading editors reveal their favourite books
• Jane Cadzow on Alan Rusbridger’s new memoir Breaking News
• Alex Tighe on Sebastian Smee’s new Quarterly Essay Net Loss
• Danielle Clode on Shaun Tan's new book Tales from the Inner City
December 2018, no. 407
• Books of the Year: 34 critics and authors, including Michelle de Kretser, Fiona Wright, Beejay Silcox, Gregory Day, and Gideon Haigh, nominate their favourite books of 2018.
• Review of the Month: Glyn Davis on David Marr’s new collection of speeches, essays, and stories, My Country.
• Peter Goldsworthy lauds the Collected Poems of Les Murray.
• Professor Joy Damousi on the controversial vetoing of eleven ARC grants, and brief statements from a further thirteen academics.
• Andrea Goldsmith’s tribute to her late partner and poet Dorothy Porter.