May 2015, issue no. 371
Clare Corbould is an historian at Monash University. In 2009 she published Becoming African Americans: Black Public Life in Harlem, 1919–1939.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Laura Buzo: Good Oil
- Maddened times in the USA
- Jolley Prize 2012: 'Tended by Foxes'
- Sylvia Lawson: Demanding the Impossible
- Ground bass to melody
- Crusader Hillis reviews 'Wolf, Wolf' by Eben Venter
- From nowhere to somewhere
- Christopher Kremmer: The Chase
- Burrowing through world history
- Jennifer Paynter: Mary Bennet