Alan Frost is an academic, novelist, and poet. He has been elected to the position of Fellow at both the Royal Historical Society in London, and the Australian Academy of the Humanities in Canberra. He is well known for his books on Australian colonisation, including Botany Bay Mirages: Illusions of Convict Australia in 1994, and Botany Bay: The Real Story in 2011.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Doing a Melba
- 2014 Calibre Prize (Winner): 'Unearthing the Past'
- Ian Britain reviews 'Bill' by Scott Bevan
- Susan K. Martin reviews 'Wild Bleak Bohemia' by Michael Wilding
- Jonathon Green: Green's Dictionary of Slang
- Mardi McConnochie: The Voyagers
- For Auld Lang Syne
- The biographer and her mother as secret sharers
- 'Pope Pinocchio's Angels' a new poem by Michael Farrell