Alan Frost is an academic, novelist, and poet. He has been elected to the position of Fellow at both the Royal Historical Society in London, and the Australian Academy of the Humanities in Canberra. He is well known for his books on Australian colonisation, including Botany Bay Mirages: Illusions of Convict Australia in 1994, and Botany Bay: The Real Story in 2011.
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- The return of Happy Valley
- News from the Editor's Desk
- Sue Saliba: Alaska; and Penny Tangey: Clara in Washington
- The age of David Syme
- New Perspectives
- Intellectual milieu of English virtuosi
- 'Young Male Lyrebird at the Illawarra Treetop Fly'
- Domestic Emergencies
- Eileen Chanin, Paul Brunton, Patrick McCaughey
- Clive James's point of view