Deirdre Coleman holds the Robert Wallace Chair of English at the University of Melbourne. Her publications include Romantic Colonization and British Anti-Slavery (Cambridge University Press, 2005), Maiden Voyages and Infant Colonies: Two Women's Travel Narratives of the 1790s (Leicester UP, 1999), and Coleridge and 'The Friend' (1809-1810) (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1988).
New in Arts Update
From the Archives
- Morandi and the Hard Problem
- Talking the e-talk
- Jolley Prize 2014: 'Doisneau's Kiss'
- Jane Sullivan reviews 'Oddfellows' by Nicholas Shakespeare
- 'Slush-Pile' by Ian Shadwell
- Universal truths
- Patrizia Simone: My Umbrian Kitchen
- Geoffrey Blainey reviews 'Bearing Witness' by Peter Rees
- Alyssa Brugman: Alex as Well
- ‘Lords of nothing’